Your first visit
If you are a first time rider at our mountain trail course, in order to make sure you will be safe, there are two options to choose from. You must bring your own horse. We do not offer horses for hire. Both options include a short introduction briefing where you will learn how to get the best from the course.
- Option 1 – ‘Come and Try’ day – All new riders can join us at a monthly ‘Come and Try’ day for a 2 hour session with supervision. Email us to find out about the next date. Cost: $40 for two hours per horse/rider.
- Option 2 – Book the course for yourself or your group. Booking fee include induction where we will explain how to ride the course and what you need to know about the course to have fun with your horse. Cost: $70 for two hours per horse/rider, minimum 2 horses. email to book.
All new riders must do one of the two options above.
Come and Try days
Perfect for all first time visitors to the mountain trail course. $40 for 2 hours per horse/rider. Email email@example.com to book. All riders MUST book in advance. There is NO entry on the day if you have not booked.
Next dates in 2020:
JANUARY 25th & 26th. All riders must book & pay in advance.
FEBRUARY 22nd & 23rd. All riders must book & pay in advance.
MARCH : Closed due to March flies.
APRIL 18th & 19th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
MAY 16th & 17th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
JUNE 20th & 21st: All riders must book & pay in advance.
JULY 18th& 19th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
AUGUST 15th & 16th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
SEPTEMBER 19th & 20th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
OCTOBER 24th & 25th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
NOVEMBER: Closed due to flies.
DECEMBER 12th & 13th: All riders must book & pay in advance.
2nd and subsequent course visits:
For those who have already completed one of the ‘new rider’ sessions at Silversand Mountain Trail, you can also use this course for an hourly fee. Cost: $25 per hour per horse/rider. Email us to book anytime.
Private day hire
This mountain trail course is also available for hire for the day. Includes introduction. Supervision available on request.
Clubs/Groups Max of 8 on the course at any one time.
1/2 Day Course hire $125
Full Day Course Hire $250
Fence sitters $15 per day.
Improve your horsemanship with a clinic with internationally renowned horseman, and Equitana presenter, Steve Halfpenny. Full clinic dates at the Silversand Horsemanship Centre are here.
Make a weekend of it!
- 1 night camping and overnight use of horse yard: $20 per horse / person (you must clean out all manure before you leave)
- 1 night use of caravan (bring your own sleeping bag) and overnight use of horse yard $25 (you must clean out all manure before you leave)
- 2 hours use of any of the following facilities: Large horse riding arena, round pen, dressage arena – $25 for one horse/rider
- On your first visit with your horse, you must do a guided trail ride. This is $35 per hour per person, for between 2 to 4 horses. Minimum 2 horses.
- On second and subsequent trail rides, you can do another guided ride or you can use our trail routes by yourself for $25 for 2 hours per horse.
For all bookings please email
We reserve the right to ask anyone we deem to be causing an unsafe situation, to leave the property, and/or not to return in the future.