Your first visit
If you are a first time rider at our mountain trail course, in order to make sure you will be safe, there are two options to choose from. You must bring your own horse. We do not offer horses for hire. Both options include a short introduction briefing where you will learn how to get the best from the course.
- All new riders can join us at a monthly ‘come and try’ day for a 2 hour session with supervision. We run these days every month. Email us to find out about the next date. Cost: $40 for two hours per horse/rider.
- All new riders can book to ride the course for the first time (for you or a group of friends) for the course fee plus induction fee. We will explain how to ride the course and what you need to know about the course to have fun with your horse. Cost: $70 for two hours per horse/rider, minimum 2 horses.
All new riders must do one of the two options above.
Come and Try days
Perfect for all first time visitors to the mountain trail course. $40 for 2 hours per horse/rider. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book. All riders MUST book in advance. There is NO entry on the day if you have not booked.
Next dates in 2019:
Saturday Feb 2, 2019. All riders must book & pay in advance.
Sunday, Feb 24, 2019. All riders must book & pay in advance.
March 2019: Closed due to March flies.
April 13 & 14: All riders must book & pay in advance.
May 25 & 26: All riders must book & pay in advance.
June 22 & 23: All riders must book & pay in advance.
July 20 & 21: All riders must book & pay in advance.
Aug 24 & 25: All riders must book & pay in advance.
Sept 21 & 22: All riders must book & pay in advance.
Oct 19 & 20: All riders must book & pay in advance.
November: Closed due to flies.
December 7 & 8: All riders must book & pay in advance.
2nd and subsequent course visits:
For those who have already completed one of the ‘new rider’ sessions at Silversand Mountain Trail, you can also use this course for an hourly fee. Cost: $25 per hour per horse/rider. Email us to book anytime.
Private day hire
This mountain trail course is also available for hire for the day.
Clubs/Groups Max of 8 on the course at any one time.
1/2 Day Course hire $125
Full Day Course Hire $250
Fence sitters $15 per day.
Improve your horsemanship with a clinic with internationally renowned horseman, and Equitana presenter, Steve Halfpenny. Full clinic dates at the Silversand Horsemanship Centre are here.
- 1 night camping and overnight use of horse yard: $20 per horse / person (you must clean out all manure before you leave)
- 1 night use of caravan (bring your own sleeping bag) and overnight use of horse yard $25 (you must clean out all manure before you leave)
- 2 hours use of any of the following facilities: Large horse riding arena, round pen, dressage arena – $25 for one horse/rider
- On your first visit with your horse, you must do a guided trail ride. This is $35 per hour per person, for between 2 to 4 horses. Minimum 2 horses.
- On second and subsequent trail rides, you can do another guided ride or you can use our trail routes by yourself for $25 for 2 hours per horse.
For all bookings please email: email@example.com
We reserve the right to ask anyone we deem to be causing an unsafe situation, to leave the property, and/or not to return in the future.